Center Console Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been searching lately for a center console vault/safe to hold valuables and a firearm. I am finding lots of options but nothing built specifically for our trucks, only for the newer trucks. I've got a 97 extended cab K1500 with bucket seats and a center console, 4wd on the floor. I don't like keeping a loaded firearm in the center console without it being locked up, and I valet park on the weekends for extra cash and am always driving around with at least a few hundred bucks in cash on me so id like to keep that locked up as well.

Know of a manufacturer that makes one for our trucks? or any other options you use or have seen?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything that is a safe/vault is a target. I would look at gutting the factory console and mounting a lockable metal box or safe that is bolted to the floor inside of the console.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is exactly what I want to do. I am just trying to find out if there is anything made for our vehicles center console so i don't have to modify and make my own. Just moved to Colorado from CA and am in a very small place with no garage, and minimal tools and time honestly.

Im open to other options as well if others have found good ways to secure a firearm. the firearm is the priority here

Looking for something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'm of the opinion that the safe is just one more obstacle to get through in the event that you ever actually need the gun. So is the console lid for that matter. Is it not an option for you to carry on your person while in the vehicle? Or maybe mount a holster to your dash down low and just take the firearm with you when you get out of the truck?

Sorry I'm no help with your actual question, just some ideas.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I'm of the opinion that the safe is just one more obstacle to get through in the event that you ever actually need the gun. So is the console lid for that matter. Is it not an option for you to carry on your person while in the vehicle? Or maybe mount a holster to your dash down low and just take the firearm with you when you get out of the truck?

Sorry I'm no help with your actual question, just some ideas.
I agree with you 100%! I believe that his issue is storage when he can't carry and when he is leaving cash in his vehicle.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gotcha. That makes sense.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes to both of you. I do carry IWB while in the truck majority of the time. when the firearm can't come with me it needs to stay and be safe, and the cash as well. I currently just leave it in the console unlocked, doesn't bother me too much just figured i might as well lock it up and have a safe that can also protect my cash. I guess I was just curious if anyone has used a center console safe in our trucks and if they found manufacturer that made them for our trucks or if they made it themselves. I might just buy a standard steel lock box and do what skylar mentioned earlier and gut the center console and mount it to the floor board.

If anyone knows of a manufacturer that makes center console vaults/safes for our trucks let me know, otherwise we can probably let this post go to sleep...

thanks guys!

Reaction score
I am the lead engineer for In2Go Industries. We specialize in 3 wheel high performance kit cars, but we design and fabricate all kinds of "man" toys. www.in2go.us

I have designed a few custom safes in the past and considered this same thing for my 1995 z71. How much are you looking to spend? If you would like, I could design and fabricate something custom for you, but if more people are interested we can probably get the price lower by spreading out the R&D costs.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
interesting. A few hundred bucks tops. Im in grad school right now so money is tight. Id be interested in seeing what you came up with, but I'm not sure I would be able to afford it right away