Cat Flanges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

Being a new member I can't put a wanted thread up but I am in need of the flange between the cats on the 8600lb+ GVW systems. One of mine is warped and I can't keep a gasket in there. Anyone got a parts truck or Suburban that they'd sawsall that bit out of?

Thanks

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a permanent fix but... if it's just one of the flat gaskets there... double it up and use new hardware and crank um down..

sent from what use to be a great country...

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh ok.... never seen factory ones but..... a muffler shop may have a matching pair either you or they could replace your old warped ones with..

sent from what use to be a great country...

todd d

Reaction score
I had the same problem, warped flanges, I put 4 gaskets in and cranked the crap out of them, lasted 2 days, and the motor side has limited access to weld of setups on. finally I sleeved both holes got some muffler sealer in a tube put that on just because and put 1 gasket in and its been leak free for over a year. I had some steel tubing that was close, turned them down on the lathe to a snug fit, if that wont work, getting some exhaust pieces from the parts store would work to.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm eventually going to machine some out of 1/4in plate (debating between mild steel and some 409/410) and then weld in universal replacement cats at the same time. For now I'm going to put a pair of gaskets with muffler sealant (the hard stuff) between them in the warped area to try and seal it up a bit better than the copper RTV.