cat delete or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
expect the SES light to burn if ya take the cat(s) off.

it'll make it louder...and more drone as mentioned before.

I removed my cat's after they got plugged (due to my distributor drive gear stripping out- causing multiple cylinder misfire flooding my cat's with raw fuel) & while I DO have a MIL it sounds completely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thr1PjfFbPM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's where I'm getting mine (within the next month).

°Truckin°

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
My truck is currently catless and drives like crap. Sounds mean as hell but I would rather have it actually drive properly and just go bigger pipes, cats, no muffler.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
doesnt the computer adjust to mixture after the cats??

The computer adjusts A/F ratio based on the pre-cat O2 sensors...the rear O2's are only there to monitor the cat's efficiency, they have no effect on anything else

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled my cats when I built my motor up and did and efi live tune with flowmaster 50 series mufflers. If you pull your cats and dont tune for the mod you will have a check engine light. My truck idles great and runs even better. Idaho is not an emmision state no concern there.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you can pull cats and have no bad effects mechanically? The light will come on but that will not matter because it will be the post cat sensor? The a/f ratio will still be the same? I'm looking to do this just want to keep the ECM happy.