Carb swap 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob442

Reaction score
hey all, after searching google, and searching this forum, I didn't come up with much for a answer so I joined seeking answers. I'm not just a one timer I have a lot of knownledge to bring to the forum and 2 pretty heavy builds.

Anywho, I have a 97 sierra I picked up, and I have my 383 stroker vortec motor that was mfpi out of my other build (currently getting a L86 transplant)
Seeing as though I'll never get my money back out of the motor and my injectors are maxed out I wanted to put it into my newly aquired truck, difference is I want to run a carb on it, and keep the 4L60e in the truck as it's a brand new transmission, I also want all my gauges to work. So my research has led me to see that I'll have to have my TPS hooked up, but I know for a fact, and is not mensioned anywhere on the www, I'll need my mass air flow setup as well because that controls line pressure. So if anyone has done this with success I would love to hear back from you, if you all are going to tell me to put in a 700r4 then thanks but no thanks.

Cheers

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I've seen this type of setup before and someone pointed them to the direction of a certain transmission controller, I just can't remember the name of it. It was about $800 but it allowed the transmission to run flawlessly with the carb'd setup, and also tweaked a few settings as well.