Car Gauge Pro can read CMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
As an update, someone on my YouTube channel said it didn't work on his 96. I'm going to try it on my brothers this weekend.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Yeah it's clearly very powerful if you can take the time to sort it out

If ya like that check out scan xl . I use my bluetooth dongle w/ my laptop. By far the best program out there. Data logs 1/4 mile times . GM cdm pid . Allows you to take graphs and over lay them when looking for a problem & its free if you know(coughpiratebaycough) where to look.
Its all I used before I bought HP tuners. Scan XL is just like HP tuners minus writing to the ecm.

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i'm assuming you'll be able to see the CMP and adjust your distributor, but the better question is if this can perform the CASE relearn.

Anyone know if it allows you to do the CASE relearn? Might be having to change my crankshaft position sensor out soon and would like to be able to do the relearn myself...

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Anyone know if it allows you to do the CASE relearn? Might be having to change my crankshaft position sensor out soon and would like to be able to do the relearn myself...

I don't think it does. I'm probably going to wind up with a China Tech II myself so I can do these things a little easier.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which CMP retard did you use...cmp retard * or cmp retard **?

I get different values for both and see that DashCommand also has two choices but doesn't use the asterisk.

CarGauge Pro:

You must be registered for see images attach

DashCommand

You must be registered for see images attach

The two PIDs for DashCommand appear to be the same and match the two asterisk PID for CarGauge Pro. I'm not sure what the difference is, though.

Last edited:

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant seem to get my cheapo blue elm device like you have to connect to Car Gauge Pro.

Think I may buy the more expensive BAFX ELM327 adapter. Would seem near everyone is having success with it.

Wondering if you had to do anything special to get a connection with youre cheapo $5 adapter.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does your phone "see" the adapter via Bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using an Android tablet, but yes, its paired, and works with Torque Pro.

I ordered the same BAFX adapter last night, Seems to have nothing but positive reviews. Hopefully it will work with Car Gauge Pro. I just need to see CMP value.