Cantilever three link air ride setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Br1an

Reaction score
Hi all, so I started planning what I'm gonna do with my truck and I've decided. I'm gonna LS swap it, bag it and keep it four wheel drive, but I've run into a snag with the rear end. I want to go with a cantilever setup with Ridetech air bags but I don't know how exactly I'd do it. I know I'd need some way to keep the axle centered so I'm thinking I'd do a three link where two links are more or less parallel to the frame rail and then the third link goes up and connects to the crossmember where the front of the bed would be. Either that or just go with a single or double triangulated four link with possibly a watts link if I could use it on a factory ride height truck or lifted. Although with a double triangulated four link I feel a watts link wouldn't be needed. I know I'd have issues with clearing the fuel tank but I already have plans to use a 55 gallon tank out of an E150 with a Fuel lab fuel pump.

Anyway, which should I do to control the axle? Three link? Single or double triangulated four link? Also with having the bags cantilevered parallel to the frame rail, how much travel would I have? Is it a 1.5:1 ratio? 1.75:1 ratio? 2:1? Or is it determined by other factors like the length of the link between the pivot point and the axle, the length and travel of the bag, and the design of how it pivots? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk