Cant turn, among other issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well from what I was told it is a skyjacker lift that they do not make anymore apparently. The upper arms are newer, and the bolts with the offset washers worry me because they dont thread all the way through the nut. Any idea where I can get longer bolts that have that notch?
Yeah the rake is about 3 1/2 inches, and it only has 3 inch blocks in the rear, due to the extra spring I believe it has. Should I just remove the block altogether?
Pull the block out amd then turn the front up to level it or leave the rake

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here with some questions for ya.
So I bought a truck the other day,
You must be registered for see images attach
and am having some issues.
I wasn't sure which forum to go to, so if I need to be moved, then by all means.
I guess I will start with the not being able to turn to the right problem. It seems the pitman arm(?) Is hitting when I try to turn right, allowing very little turn radius.

Anybody had this happen?
While I am at it, I might as well ask how do you extend, or relocate the brake lines? Apparently the "person" didn't want to do that.

And lastly, what are these bars for that attach one end to the motor mounts, and the other to nothing? Seems important, lol.

Thank you for looking and taking the time to help.

that piece of tubing under the pitman arm isn't stock and wasn't part of the lift kit. mine didn't have that piece. not sure what is going on there. that is causing your steering issue. can you get a better pic of what and where that attaches to, you are going to have to remove that.

SilverSteve

Reaction score
that piece of tubing under the pitman arm isn't stock and wasn't part of the lift kit. mine didn't have that piece. not sure what is going on there. that is causing your steering issue. can you get a better pic of what and where that attaches to, you are going to have to remove that.
That is a pic of the pitman hitting the stabilizer bar. Got some brackets coming this week to drop the stabilizer bar, and give me some room, hope it works.
My truck looked great, but that truck looks way better, stupid question, but why does yours have 2 shocks and mine didnt?
And thats what i think im gonna do, biggershaft. Just remove the block. Do i have to do anything besides get shorter U bolts?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The double shocks were added. Google pro comp shock hoops for 88-98 Chevy/gmc.
As for the stabilizer, I never ran one when my Truck was still ifs. I tried one with the solid axle and didn't feel a difference and took it off. In those old pics of my truck. It was on 38's and one pic is on 37's.

SilverSteve

Reaction score
Well, thats good news for me, so if my swaybar lowering brackets dont end up working, I will just do that.

Been busy at work lately, but managed to get the bumper on finally, had to weld the brackets on.

I just received my exhaust and swaybar brackets in the mail, but that may have to wait for the weekend.

SilverSteve

Reaction score
Also was wondering how to know what kind of rearend this is? And would converting it to 6 lug be a very difficult process?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 9.5" 14bolt rear. As for converting it to 6 lug,. You'll need the 6 lug axle shafts, backing plates, shoes and drums from from a 6 lug 14 bolt rear.