Can Someone Identify This Bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I have a strange rear bumper that I can't seem to find any information on. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of it and would prefer a standard rear bumper or a roll pan that would allow me to run a trailer hitch under the bumper instead of hidden.

Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a strange rear bumper that I can't seem to find any information on. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of it and would prefer a standard rear bumper or a roll pan that would allow me to run a trailer hitch under the bumper instead of hidden.

Any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach
I might be talking out my ass, but that doesn't look factory to me.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Not factory. Idk who makes them but theyre a popular replacement for some reason. All you should need to go back to a factory one is a new bumper and brackets.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not factory. Idk who makes them but theyre a popular replacement for some reason. All you should need to go back to a factory one is a new bumper and brackets.
That ^^ the bumper on there likely has built-in brackets so your original ones are gone. Hit the boneyard and find an original bumper and get the whole works. Off a fleetside.. the stepside bumper will fit but will have much deeper cuts in the top panel to fit the different bedside.

You can also get a rear bumper off a Suburban/Tahoe but that won't get you the brackets. On the SUV, the middle brackets are part of the frame rails themselves, and the outer brackets are completely different, useless to you on a pickup.

Richard

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
If the stock brackets are indeed gone I'll probably just run a roll pan instead of trying to find a bumper + brackets honestly, always loved the OBS with roll pan look anyways.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those were aftermarket bumpers that first came out in the 60's and 70's or so and were made by several different companies. They are pretty heavy duty and I expect someone might want it . If anything the idea of the "step" bumper probably came from these.

Someone with a farm truck might be all over that.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Picture ain't showing

Picture is showing for me, could possibly be an issue on your end with your browser. I've seen this before, normally clearing your browsing history/cookies will fix it.

Those were aftermarket bumpers that first came out in the 60's and 70's or so and were made by several different companies. They are pretty heavy duty and I expect someone might want it . If anything the idea of the "step" bumper probably came from these.

Someone with a farm truck might be all over that.

I'm definitely in the market to sell it, it seems like a solid bumper but it's just a bit too bulky for my tastes IMO. Once it's off the truck I'll most likely post a "For Sale, Pickup Only" ad.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
They are called Ag bumpers, for farmers, or drop bumpers. Heavy duty for pulling trailers and wagons through the farm. I am dying to find one of those in good condition for my truck. Have always loved these bumpers, especially in chrome.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are called Ag bumpers, for farmers, or drop bumpers. Heavy duty for pulling trailers and wagons through the farm. I am dying to find one of those in good condition for my truck. Have always loved these bumpers, especially in chrome.

You guys should meet halfway between Iowa and Texas (Ozarks?) and trade em out in a walmart parking lot. lol