Can I run 33's without lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fedeleon11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 33 on 8” rims with a 2” block on the rear, a little crank and some z71 bolts to adjust the front tires and avoid making harder the suspension, it turns ok, no rub, only need to Hammer the inner part of the fender to give space in the turns

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 285s with a crank, 3in body lift, and ZERO offset rims, and i rub like a ******* on near-to full lock. just turning into a parking space will rub. i kept the stock mudflaps on, and trimmed everything else i could, and just let the tire rub on the flap. at least its rubber rubbing on hard plastic, rather than steel.

285 75 R16? With a 3 inch body lift there shouldn't be any rub? Thats only a 33

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its the zero offset that makes it rub. stock rims would pull the tire inside more, while these push them out. it looks better, but the outward push makes it rub the outside fender area.

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its the zero offset that makes it rub. stock rims would pull the tire inside more, while these push them out. it looks better, but the outward push makes it rub the outside fender area.

The whole offset thing confuses me. Would the 0 offset stick out past the fender more than the -25 offset?
Where I'm from we have laws that don't allow the wheel to be too much past the body of the vehicle.

Spookers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should help with the offset questions

http://www.wheelpros.com/page/offset-explained/9

And just for my 2 cents, once had a 92 with 35x12.5 on 15s with stock offset and only needed 1 extra leaf in rear and torsion bars cranked till it sat level and it cleared no problem, threw the rims and tires on stock truck and they rubbed a little when turned full lock and the top of the fender when bouncing across ruts so my suggestion is go for it and if the offset gives you trouble put the tires on the stock rims and sell the AR rims.

bjett

Reaction score
I have a 95 tbi 350 z71. My dad had 305/70/16s on it when I got it with a little crank and no rub. I put 285/75/16s on (they were cheaper) and didn't have a rub. I have since put centerline wheels on with the same 285/75/16 ko2 tires and replaced the torsion adjuster with a 2" lifted one, still no rub even when offroading at full crank. I say go for it, 33s are nice size tires and look good. I also have 3.73s and the spedo is only off by like 3mph I think at 65, its not anything to be worried about

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 tbi 350 z71. My dad had 305/70/16s on it when I got it with a little crank and no rub. I put 285/75/16s on (they were cheaper) and didn't have a rub. I have since put centerline wheels on with the same 285/75/16 ko2 tires and replaced the torsion adjuster with a 2" lifted one, still no rub even when offroading at full crank. I say go for it, 33s are nice size tires and look good. I also have 3.73s and the spedo is only off by like 3mph I think at 65, its not anything to be worried about

Sweet I'm getting them put on today. I'l post how it goes!

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got duratracs instead of ko2s cause I got $300 off of the set so I put those on the AR rims and they fit decent they just rub at full lock against my mudflap. Should I bang the fender so it doesn't rub anymore or crank the T bar?

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's after I got them on. Excuse how dirty my truck is I haven't had the chance to hit a wash bay yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach