Can anyone give me a clue where to find a replacement for this switch? (pic )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I think this is from a blazer but I cannot find a listing for a replacement window switch. It's sticking right now but I'm afraid it will go completely out and I'll be SOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
GM Parts Direct makes me think it's probably part number 15678669. That's what they list as the master switch assembly from the driver's side in a '94 Blazer, anyway. Not 100% sure. If that is the case, then unfortunately it's a discontinued part. So yeah, finding one at a yard is probably your best bet.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping there was a new one out there I missed. I'll keep looking on eBay and the salvage yards. I don't think I have ever come across a Blazer in the yards.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Switches that lay flat like that collect dust, moisture, soda pop al all kinds of sticky crap over the years. Then they get poor contact and start arching. I would remove the switch. gently pry the lock tabs to take it apart clean the contacts with some wd 40 and steel wool if needed and reassemble. It isn't hard my daughter watched a you tube vid and did her 08 herself. Some have little springs so do it on a flat clear surface not over the lawn or carpet.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
92-94 2-door blazer, and VERY rare some 90-94 pickups that came with power mirrors - almost none of 'em. :(

Richard

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
if you're talking about the square direction switch, i think i have one in the garage. it's a little faded and not sure if it works as i don't have power windows. if that's it, i will send it to you.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I've had my dealer guy run 15678669, 15678679 & 1567859 through the locator with no luck. I chanced on this switch assembly on eBay a year or so back. I'll keep an eye out at the yards and eBay. I can't believe it's not available aftermarket. It's that rare time GM didn't use the same part on a dozen or so models I guess.

It's working well again. I suspect as suggested it may just need to be cleaned out well.

if you're talking about the square direction switch, i think i have one in the garage. it's a little faded and not sure if it works as i don't have power windows. if that's it, i will send it to you.

I'm looking for the window switch portion, but thanks.