Camok10's sas 97 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can put more in this is just what I roughly had figured pricing every thing out I'm Shure shipping and the little stuff ill put me over. The 77 is a low pinion but I'm getting the whole truck on trade for 2 radius arm 44's. and if you clear that we'll I may only go 9" in the front and 7" or so rear

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ff 14 ill probably weld on some spring petches and throw it under it or be lazy and try and trade some stuff for an 88-98 14 bolt. And that is a good point I have blown up my share if gov bombs

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the front doors are already on this brown one. Had my 94's front end crap out on me today so this is gunna be my driver for a little bit who knows maybe ill just throw what I have planed for this under that one now since my diff nolonger exists in one piece

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I have a ff 14 ill probably weld on some spring petches and throw it under it or be lazy and try and trade some stuff for an 88-98 14 bolt. And that is a good point I have blown up my share if gov bombs

Just get a 88-98 FF.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

rollin smoke

Reaction score
where in michigan are you located?

as for 11" in the front and 10" of lift in the rear is gunna look horrible with only 37s. you only need like 9" max in the front to clear 37s. id personally just spend the dough and got right to coilovers. i wouldnt even mess around with that leaf spring stuff on my next SAS.

in all honesty youll be fine with a 44 in the front, i doubt youll beat on it that hard. if not then expect more than 2500$ to lift that including doing the rear to put a 60 in the front.

SASs are easy dont do cheap and do it right the first time, it will make the SAS way more enjoyable.

i have would go atlest coil spring instead of leaf springs, that is old school.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
where in michigan are you located?

as for 11" in the front and 10" of lift in the rear is gunna look horrible with only 37s. you only need like 9" max in the front to clear 37s. id personally just spend the dough and got right to coilovers. i wouldnt even mess around with that leaf spring stuff on my next SAS.

in all honesty youll be fine with a 44 in the front, i doubt youll beat on it that hard. if not then expect more than 2500$ to lift that including doing the rear to put a 60 in the front.

SASs are easy dont do cheap and do it right the first time, it will make the SAS way more enjoyable.

i have would go atlest coil spring instead of leaf springs, that is old school.

old school works so why change it, my leafs are just as good as coils

rollin smoke

Reaction score
i know it works; i have/had a 05 crew cab 2500hd SASed on 40s i know they work and ride actually alright but if hes gunna start fresh mine aswell do an upgrade to radius arms or 4 link.

but its only my opinion. the only reason i suggested coils cus its easy to switch over to coilovers in the future when funds allow it.

camok10

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad bowtie ill let you know it's not on it yet. And Rollin smoke I live just south of Lansing in the mason area.my g.f. Lives up your way in saranac.

As for leaf's vs coils I'm going leaf's just for ease of parts availability an ya on the height I got thinking about that and 7-9 would probably be a lot better looking and a lower center of gravity on the trail. Here's the 97 as of today made it dd worth yesterday so with my 94 being down and especially since its front axle related it will probably be treated to the sas over this

It's kinda ugly now but on its way to rust free

You must be registered for see images attach

And the 94 I'm probably switching to for the sas. It already is on 35's with a 3" body lift so probably go 7" on the sas since I already have a set of 4" springs.

You must be registered for see images attach