Camber problems after 6" Superlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Jeez, Swamp. What a mess. Is there a good 4x4 shop near you? Google showed me a place called Truckin' Up in Mobile.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
That makes more sense, and sheds some light on the situation!

You have one end of the UCA with nearly complete negative camber setting, and the other end with nearly complete positive camber setting. Your UCA is literally twisterd/angle within the mounts. Think about it like holding a bar that's attached to a wall in front of you , and without letting go, try to shift your shoulders so 1 side is forward, and the other backward - you can't, unless you move your body. Well your UCA mounts can't shift (they are your shoulders) so the only thing that can is the bar (which is your tire) and when the bar moves, your TOE gets effected (sorry, really bad example, but it works).

2 things from this:

1st. The alignment shop should set those neutral, and then adjust the camber bolt on both ends equally. This would solve your camber issue (I don't think its that alone, tho - see 2)

2nd. This is effecting your toe setting, which would explain the faster wear on the tire. Toe should be set with the tie rod ends, after camber has been set. If you're camber is off, and its effecting your toe, and then they are trying to adjust your toe via the tie rod ends, they won't ever get it right.

100% go to a different shop - the shop you are at is lazy, and don't want to spend the time adjusting everything to get it right.
Thanks a lot man. I'll see about getting it to a shop tomorrow before work! I thought it was veeer strange how all the bolts were mismatched. No uniformity what so ever.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Jeez, Swamp. What a mess. Is there a good 4x4 shop near you? Google showed me a place called Truckin' Up in Mobile.
They don't do alignments, but I'm gonna take it to the shop they send their work to.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Yeah there's plenty of room to bring your camber down on both sides. Adjusting both cam bolts the same direction adjusts camber by pushing the control arm in or out. Adjusting them in opposite directions adjusts caster.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's plenty of room to bring your camber down on both sides. Adjusting both cam bolts the same direction adjusts camber by pushing the control arm in or out. Adjusting them in opposite directions adjusts caster.
Thanks for the correction, Rich. Was thinking toe but caster is correct. It does effect toe a bit to, right?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Any word on the fix for this ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Not really a 'fix' needed. A competent alignment shop should have 0 issues getting your alignment in spec with the stock setup, and the Superlift. The only issue I could foresee would be with toe, if for some reason the tie rod ends weren't long enough. But with OEM Cam bolts, and assuming the kit is installed correctly, there is plenty of room for proper camber settings.