Camaro rims on a lowered c1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you guys use for lug nuts? The original lugs I have seat into the hole to hold the adapter on, but they are so far in I cannot get a socket on it. Other than that, it seems like they fit good.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you guys use for lug nuts? The original lugs I have seat into the hole to hold the adapter on, but they are so far in I cannot get a socket on it. Other than that, it seems like they fit good.
I used new short lugs for the adapter to hub and used a regular slim 19mm socket, not an impact one and torqued them down. The lugs for the Camaro wheels, I used the lugs that came with the adapters

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it. Here's a pic of the rims on the truck. The tires are fine, and with the fenders rolled i don't have rubbing issues.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks great ! Now go for a test drive and see if you get any vibrations. Pay close attention at low speed like when ur about to take off on at a green light. Also re-torque every lug nut after about 100 miles. I went overkill and used red thread locker on all lug nuts

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only a little vibration difference so far. I definitely gotta get those short lug nuts on before any long drives. I've got a jack and a spare just in case. Did you order those short lugs online? If so do you have a link?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only a little vibration difference so far. I definitely gotta get those short lug nuts on before any long drives. I've got a jack and a spare just in case. Did you order those short lugs online? If so do you have a link?
No. I actually picked them up from a local rim shop for $1 a piece. They are short and opened. For now, just make sure the adapter is flat on the hub and the rim flat on the adapter with no space in between. Just get a piece a paper and try to put it in between to see if there are gaps. If you got a a gap you run the risk of the adapters or rims falling off. That's definitely not good.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill have to stop by some rim shops. Sucks most of them by me are in some bad areas.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So basically if anyone wants to run these rims on a c1500, a parts/labor list would include:
1) A set of four 5x5-5x4.75 1.5 inch adapters.
2) 20 Short lug lugnuts in your stock 14x1.5 size
3) Heat gun to help protect the paint when you roll your fenders
4) Some sort of tool to roll your fenders, i cheaped out and got a white rubber mallet. (Don't be like me)
5) Of course the rims, I had a stock set: (275 for the rear and 245 for the front)

Also would like to note that with 1.25 inch spacers in the rear, i didn't have to roll the fenders.
These rims cannot be run with a drop any lower than 5/8 the fronts just wont have enough clearance for bumps.
@skylark