Camaro rims on a lowered c1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the rims directly bolt on with the 1.5inch adapters or did you have to trim anything? @Dgonz

Adapters bolted up to hubs with no problem. Rims bolts to adapters with no issue. Well only one, the center bore of the rim is exactly on the center of the hubs. Unfortunately the front center caps stick out a bit and I did not put them on so i do not loose them. I will figure something out with them in the future

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only got a 2/4 drop and am happy with it.

How did you get your drop? and did you put in a C-notch?

I don't like the idea of modding the frame, I did new Belltech shackles, hangers and 2" drop shocks in the rear. For the front I picked up some used 2" Belltech drop spindles and 2" lowering springs (I cross referenced part numbers online) one day at the U Pull It junkyard all for $60. I only did the spindles cause the springs would have been too much of a drop for me. Stock springs and shocks in front. I have upgraded the front brake rotors, calipers and master cylinder to that of a C2500

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size tires are you running?

Stock camaro size, 245 45 20 front, 275 40 20 rear. I like the way the front looks. Don't want to go any wider and then start rubbing on fenders again. Rear I will eventually go 305's or 315's when i get the 2" adapters.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the way your truck sits and also would rather not alter my frame. I have the 2" shackles and would like to go a little lower all around . I seldom carry over 500 lbs. and tow light trailers. Your set up should still give a factory ride that I prefer.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the way your truck sits and also would rather not alter my frame. I have the 2" shackles and would like to go a little lower all around . I seldom carry over 500 lbs. and tow light trailers. Your set up should still give a factory ride that I prefer.

When installing the hangers, i did it with the bed off which was much easier.

The only thing as that when I put weight in the back like 300lbs, it bottoms out hard. I haven't trimmed the bump stop yet.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try running a thinner adapter up front, even if it means chopping the studs short on the truck's hub a little bit. .75" or 1" get all the clearance you can up there.

There is a domed bearing dust cap that fits that may give you enough clearance to run the Camaro center cap, vs. the "cylinder" shaped one that the trucks generally come with. It's in the Dorman aisle at the parts house; you may need to give the edge of it a few dimples with a center punch to help it hold correctly.

Richard

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try running a thinner adapter up front, even if it means chopping the studs short on the truck's hub a little bit. .75" or 1" get all the clearance you can up there.

There is a domed bearing dust cap that fits that may give you enough clearance to run the Camaro center cap, vs. the "cylinder" shaped one that the trucks generally come with. It's in the Dorman aisle at the parts house; you may need to give the edge of it a few dimples with a center punch to help it hold correctly.

Richard
Great, thanks ! I will look for than slimmer dust cap

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still waiting on my adapters to come in, but with those 1.5 inch adapters is the wheel still inside the fender well? With the fenders rolled? @Dgonz

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still waiting on my adapters to come in, but with those 1.5 inch adapters is the wheel still inside the fender well? With the fenders rolled? @Dgonz
Yes somewhat. But with suspension travel going over a bump, the tire will hit the inside lip of the fender and damage the sidewall of the tire with the size 245 45 20 for the front. Rolling the inside fender lip will greatly reduce the issue

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i run them on my truck.. had them for years. On my second set of tires now. The front I choose to run is a 255/40.. its 1/2" or so smaller than the stock 245/45. I used to run a 295 rear but this time im running stock factory camaro wheels size. I run 1.5" adapters all the way around