Cali legal exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I was going to Run BBK Headers #40070 (CARB legal) that bolt up to the stock exhaust location. Magnaflow has a CARB legal catalytic converter system that has the mandrel bent y pipe and flange needed to bolt up to the rest of the exhaust, I believe Flowmaster does too. I have the magnaflow cats connected, but never got to the headers because my truck got totaled.

together, those both run about the same price as the doug thorley headers, if they even make them anymore.... plus you would avoid doug thorleys ****** customer service.

If you got time, headers periodically go up for sale on craigslist, If this was posted 2 weeks ago, I could of sold you the BBK headers I had.

as far as carb #s and stickers, I kept switching Smog testing locations until I found someone who doesent look for the stickers, they run it and if it passes, it passes.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I need some help with my cats. Got 99 burb k1500 with the 5.7 and I'm having a hard time finding any new cats that will bolt in. I have cats on each side of the engine. Driver side crosses over to pass. then into y pipe. Does anyone know where I can buy a set that's ca legal or am I better off payin a shop the 700 to weld some in

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Magnaflow sells 50 state legal cats that bolt right up. I got em on my truck.

too bad your not closer, Id sell you the ones off my 97. (parting out soon)

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya to bad those won't work either unless I changed the set up an not sure if ca would allow that? Stopped by dealer to see if they could find ones and they gave me quote of 2100. Hell no. These are the style I have currently.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup and it sucks. My o2 sensors are also reverse from what most burbs are. The connections for my fronts are sold as the rears an vise versa for my rears. Damn truck being made in Mexico it's all ass backwards.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I dont see why changing to the what most other models have would even get noticed, as the Parts belong on your make and model truck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2, as long as what you're putting on is CARB compliant and correct for the vehicle I don't see why anyone would have an issue.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might stop by a smog shop, not my usual, and ask them if I could swap to another carb compliant model. Be easier and cheaper

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I've stopped at a number of exhaust shops as well as smog shops and turns out I can swap to the magnaflow as long it's carb legal, has the eo number, and is still valid. So my next problem is that ill have to change out the rest of the exhaust because the flange will be different. What do you guys recommend?