Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks i might be gettin some clear ones from lmc with the harness and would then just wire them in with the parking lights so they come one when i turn switch not with a separate switch like the kit coems with

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i had mine on a separate switch but i would either leave them on all the time or not turn them on at all...so i just wired them to the parking lights so that i dont have to worry about them

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
soo i went and snagged a factory wiring harness and everything form the junkyard today and i plugged it into mine but none the bulbs work? not putitn them in untill i get clear lenses but none of the lights lightin up has me kinda worried

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so aside from me having a measurement wrong and having some extra holes when i was done with it :( .....could you possibly post a pic of where exactly you have the wires running into it? cuz thats what i am at now

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol sorry i should have been more specific and my question was kind of vague lol what i am wanting to find out is what you wire into to get power?? or what colors are the wires that you are splicing into.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
It depends on the year.

My 88 has a place to plug in the harness at the convenience center near the parking brake. It's a 2-contact cavity, one is ground the other is the parking lights. Use a test light to find it.

My 99 did not have this plug, so I spliced directly into the parking light circuit at the headlight switch itself.