Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
did you use silicone to seal it? if so where did you put it?
i have the kit from Pacer and it came with regular screws instead the insert type you used, is there a reason you did this? should I?

thanks
I did not use any silicone of any kind. I installed my lights just as GM did, except I used the rubber well nut instead of the metal insert (which requires a special tool to install), but they are essentially the same thing. My lights to not leak.

Good write up with pictures. Now when you installed the screw inserts do they expand to keep in place? Please explain.
Thanks! GMC
They are rubber that essentially mushrooms under the sheet metal. the tighter you screw them down the better they grip essentially.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Since these weren't included in the original post of my install, here is the Finished Product.

You must be registered for see images attach

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go stock, evenly spaced is how they're mounted on Fords.

actually they are the same way stock with 3 and 2 on any stock truck...thats how they are supposed to be

and i did put them in the stock way with 3 in the middle and the outside to

Detroitpower

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the measurements... Got the stock OEMs for my 97 ext cab that still need to be installed, and Recon smoked LEDs (07-10) on my 99 OBS reg cab

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
how did you wire them i dont see it unless i missed it, would you just wire them in with the marker lights?

Now run your wiring harness. It runs across the roof, down the driver’s pillar to the underdash distribution block where it plugs in.

About half way through the original post. The factory harness plugs into the power distribution block under the dash, it's next to the parking brake. They are wired into the parking lights. If you were making your own harness you can just splice into the parking lights whereever you want.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i took a test light and found the biggest wire that ran out of the headlight switch that came on with the parking lights and i spliced into that wire for mine...works great and i havent had any problems