Cab corners stamped wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure to clean that primer off the outside because it is hard to weld over, it pops and cracks a lot. Are those cab corners down as far as they should go? Most of the time you have to trim some on the inner lip to let them lay in far enough on the bottom?

Yea. You can see the bottom of it lines up with the rocker. If I line up the stamped part, the whole thing hangs down lower than the cab. It's just made wrong. #madeintaiwan

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Trust me, that's how all collision repair parts are... they require modification to 'work'. Same as headlamp assemblies, grilles, aftermarket bumper covers... all garbage compared to properly fitting, OE parts.

Not sure if you can still get a cab "uni-side' for these from GM, but to install one is quite the amount of work, have to pull both the windshield, and rear glass, and most of the interior to install.

Price was not cheap years ago when I looked, they wanted around $ 2G for one side.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Price was not cheap years ago when I looked, they wanted around $ 2G for one side.

Not far off from the estimate I got for a new Suburban roof. Somewhere around $2500 IIRC.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM is not shy about pricing parts. If you need something the aftermarket isn't supplying you will pay accordingly. They are getting over $500.00 for a door skin for a new truck. I piece of tin run through two presses.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
GM is not shy about pricing parts. If you need something the aftermarket isn't supplying you will pay accordingly. They are getting over $500.00 for a door skin for a new truck. I piece of tin run through two presses.

Right, they are in the business of selling new vehicles, and GM's support for older vehicles, in my experience, is lacking compared to other companies.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ever since the Gov. bailout GM has ***** the auto body business for parts. I don't buy mech. parts from them but sheet metal is outrageous. I just repaired a 2016 Silverado and bought a complete used door for just over what they wanted for a skin. It was worth the extra money to save the labor of skinning the door. Plus a used door looks more factory than a reskinned one.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Even going back almost 20 years, the prices had started to skyrocket. I can recall pricing out front sheet metal for my 1993 Caprice, and it wasn't worth it to replace the front fenders, headlights, grille and hood.