C4 irs in a 95 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

907 gmc 95

Reaction score
I need a Brother's help if you got it. I'm going to 95 GMC K 1500 and I'm wanting to put a Corvette C4 IRS in the rear. I'm also wanting to do a coilover front I need to know about the lower control arms any help advice or experience that you can pass down would be much appreciated I will post pictures as this progresses thank you

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
what is the purpose of a C4 IRS? as ive seen it about 3 times now, lately. Is it just better handling?

907 gmc 95

Reaction score
Yes its true a c4 irs is not necessarily the easiest or most practical. Thing to do but... I like the idea of a lowered street racing 4wd with 4 wheel drive . the gearsets of a 84 c4 irs and a dana 44 interchange. Coilovers up front much better more adjustable. I measured the lcas last nite and by movong tje lower shkck mount back and in about an inch qa1 s will fit . thanks for.the input .all help amd info is greatly appreciated
And i live in alaska and 4wd is almost a given. Most of all i think itll be cool and bitchin not an atypical ride. Im running a somewhat aggressive cam 202 heads 1.6 roller rockers holley fi flowtech headers cold air and a remapped computer. 201t front brakes and steering with 3" mcgaughys drop spindles was gonna underleaf the rear with drop shackles but the c4 irs came up so thats the plan..

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what is the purpose of a C4 IRS? as ive seen it about 3 times now, lately. Is it just better handling?

Couple three things it will do for you (in a 2wd); better ride, better handling, would allow you to Lay frame without cutting the bed, allow wider wheels and tires, and they look cool.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes its true a c4 irs is not necessarily the easiest or most practical. Thing to do but... I like the idea of a lowered street racing 4wd with 4 wheel drive . the gearsets of a 84 c4 irs and a dana 44 interchange. Coilovers up front much better more adjustable. I measured the lcas last nite and by movong tje lower shkck mount back and in about an inch qa1 s will fit . thanks for.the input .all help amd info is greatly appreciated
And i live in alaska and 4wd is almost a given. Most of all i think itll be cool and bitchin not an atypical ride. Im running a somewhat aggressive cam 202 heads 1.6 roller rockers holley fi flowtech headers cold air and a remapped computer. 201t front brakes and steering with 3" mcgaughys drop spindles was gonna underleaf the rear with drop shackles but the c4 irs came up so thats the plan..

The thing you will run into, is complete lack of clearance for your front differential. You can go down maybe 2 or 3 inches in front, and that's it.