C4 corvette irs installation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in the pic, which it could be a bad pic, it looks like some positive camber going on in rear. might have to weigh it down or lower the rear or draw some more camber adjustment in.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in the pic, which it could be a bad pic, it looks like some positive camber going on in rear. might have to weigh it down or lower the rear or draw some more camber adjustment in.
It was lowered all the way down. I had to replace the bolts and replace the mono leaf to get the camber right.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are the benefits of doing this kind of rear suspension swap vs a 4 link, or anything not leaf springs?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you set it up properly an IRS will give you better handling over bumps. On smoother surfaces a properly set up solid rear axle will handle just as well.

If you feel froggy, check out Chassis Engineering by Herb Adams on Amazon. I have a copy and it's excellent if you're interested in suspension modification.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=chassis+engineering&ref=nb_sb_noss

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
With an IRS, each side of the suspension works/absorbs independently from one side to the other.
With a solid axle, the actions of one side of the differential/suspension/wheels effects the other side.