C3500HD pic thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not an HD with those 16", 8 lug wheels. Just a body-lifted 3500 with an HD filler in the gap, which would equate to about a 3" body lift IIRC.

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Plus the ad says he SAS swapped it but implies the correct t case was never swapped in.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Those leaf springs look identical to a real HD, Two springs vs the guys who SAS a normal truck with much smaller 52" springs or whatever with more in the leaf pack. Shock location is in stock place as true 3500HD. Front shackles look the same as a 3500HD. Bed placement on a cab and chassis truck would be the reason there is a gap in between the bed and bumper, and of course swapping in a 8 lug rear axle because it's difficult to find a 10 lug front axle. I'm guessing there is no transfer case installed nor driveshaft so all the front axle does is give it lift.

I guess the only way we would know is with the VIN, but I'd bet money it's a true 3500HD.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A bed doesn't just bolt on though. Is the wheelbase even right for a bed? My impression was not without some cutting and welding?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A bed doesn't just bolt on though. Is the wheelbase even right for a bed? My impression was not without some cutting and welding?
3 solutions: cut frame, drill out rivets and relocate rear suspension mount points, lengthen bed. The chassis cab wheelbase is 4" longer than regular truck which makes a very noticeable gap.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah those later year Mexican GMT400's freak me out! I bet you'd have a hell of a time getting one registered here though since they probably aren't certified to comply with US Fed emissions regulations.

Richard

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I know Taylor's already posted this one, but damnit if there was ever an HD I'd kill for it'd be this one; something about the low leaf SAS and the big ol' moose killer bumper speaks to me

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My old HD's haven't hit the thread so why not, although most here have already seen 'em

1994 3500HD formerly 6.5td/NV4500 bought it w/engine already missing and ready for the scrapyard

Frame-off buildup, swapped it to a 1996 Vortec 7.4/NV4500, full newer interior swap, built it to look like big bro to my 1994 extended cab

Complete with Dynamic self-loader wrecker unit, swapped to Chevy grille before it was sold

1995 3500HD TBI 7.4/NV4500, factory pw/pl (rare-ish), bought it wrecked

Replaced hood, core support, radiator, grille, lights, and added Alcoa aluminum wheels

My buddy Robbie lowering a flatbed salvaged from a D.O.T. sprayer truck, plans were to cut it down but I sold it like this

And just a parts truck I had, 1993 3500HD 6.5/4L80E, former Waste Management Corp. service truck, bad engine. My buddy Nick and I were going to build a wrecker out of it but it just never happened. Had a 7.4 and a wrecker unit ready for it..

You must be registered for see images

Richard