Butch's LS Swap Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Subbin for lessons learned. I'm about 3K deep into my LS swap, but that includes a transmission, cam, stall, and some other ancillary crap. still need fans, but other than that I think I have everything.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Subbin for lessons learned. I'm about 3K deep into my LS swap, but that includes a transmission, cam, stall, and some other ancillary crap. still need fans, but other than that I think I have everything.

Whats the specs on it all? motor, cam, converter, tranny?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
5.3 with 160k, had the cracked castech heads on it burning coolant, swapped for 12K mile LS1 853s milled .028 (back to stock CR bascially, stock gaskets), PAC 1218 springs, ARP head bolts and crank bolt, 7.375 hardened pushrods, 228/222 588 114.5 cam, 3K stall with lockup by Performance of New Hampton, stock 4l60e out of a 4.8l with cracked frame, 67K on it. 99 pcm out of a 6.0l, segment swapped and retuned for a 5.3/4l60e with HPTuners. I plan to tune myself.

My factory coolant sensor is non-functional, so I bought 2 trans temp gauges, plan to run 2 senders on a switch to one gauge, I've got a B&M trans cooler I was going to use, but theres already a pretty beefy cooler in there so I'll likely just stick with that. Dirty Dingo mounts, Nelson performance rad fan harness (pins added to PCM and tuned in), planning on re-using the fuel pump I had in my GTO (supports up to 500hp easily).. factory Y pipe (still need to find one of these as well) into a 3.5" exhaust (yes... 3.5" lol) dumped in front of the pass rear wheel.

I have a son due in like 5 days, so unfortionately I'd still be willing to part with all of this for what I have into it. Otherwise in all likelyhood it'll all sit in the garage until spring (assuming the trans I'm running now holds together).

Last edited:

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Ended up going back to work sooner than expected so the project has again been postponed, be sure to check for updates close to May :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadectist2002