Butch's LS Swap Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Well its time for the old and leaky 350 to be pulled. I have most of my parts gathered up and ready to go, including but not limited to....

-2002 5.3L
-Dirty Dingo Motor mounts
-JEGs crankshaft spacer
-0411 PCM
-'05 truck fans

Motor will be pulled today and major engine bay cleaning will ensue. So far I'm still well under $1000 for the swap but we'll see where the budget goes from here. This is the initial budget build, next summer the motor will come out once again for H/C, Tranny and maybe some F/I :evillol: but we shall see. Pictures and comments will be coming with in the week as I'm doing the project in my free time as I try to play catch up for being gone the first 6 months of the year.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Butch..... why have to pull the engine back out for? Why don't you just do all at once?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Would love to see a detailed LS swap in one of these trucks. A newer transmission is req'd to mate to the LS motors, correct? Or is an older 5-speed or 4l60e/80e able to work in the swap?

Definitely will be subscribing to this. Good luck with it Butch!

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Butch..... why have to pull the engine back out for? Why don't you just do all at once?

Lack of time and funds, I only have a few more weeks off before I have to go back to work (7/12s for a few months) and I want this truck back up and running to use as my daily driver and keep the miles off of the DMax, and I want to see what it'll be like stock for stock compared to the old L31.

Would love to see a detailed LS swap in one of these trucks. A newer transmission is req'd to mate to the LS motors, correct? Or is an older 5-speed or 4l60e/80e able to work in the swap?

Definitely will be subscribing to this. Good luck with it Butch!

You need a crankshaft spacer, here is JEGs

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/601010/10002/-1

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Can't wait! You will have two awesome trucks.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Can't wait! You will have two awesome trucks.

I think i have projectitise or something, after this trucks done I'll start building up the LQ4 for the airboat and then the project that I've really been wanting to start on, 4 door S10 that is in desperate need of a BBC, one tons and flatbed. I guess I can just chalk it up to being a gear head.

Sick! Will that jegs spacer work with 5 spds aswell? Says pre-97 autos on jegs site.

This just opened my eyes up.. need moar powarrr

Its for any pre-LS motor as the back of the ls block is virtually flush where as the older GM blocks have a ~1/2" lip