Burbalade's 2000 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Put a known good spider injector in, reseated plug wires, and replaced fuel pump relay. It now starts on it's own, but dies after 1-2 seconds, little bit of a hard start.
Waiting on a scanner to come in but in the mean time I had some 32" BFG MT Wrangler Rubicon take offs mounted, picked up a pair of factory 1 1/8" blocks from a 2008 1500 and a 2002 Escalade steering wheel in decent shape with radio controls.

Also got started on a bixenon projector retrofit. I'm using Acme Super H1 projectors with Morimoto XB 4500k bulbs and Acme Speedystart ballasts for now. Housings are original with new Depo lenses.
For reference, last pic is low beams: original driver side housing with new Sylvania 9006 bulb and retrofitted passenger side with HID. Can't even tell the halogen is on when sitting inside.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Those BFGs look ******' sick! What size are the Rubicon M/Ts? Aren't they like a 255/17 or something?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Following, I’m a fan of the first generation Escalade’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Definitely worth the effort in the Escalade. I initially bought this stuff for the Suburban, but the shallow headlights in a standard GMT400 make this such a pain in the ass that I never got around to finishing it. I was using a cheapo clear lens ebay housing for the Suburban. It may be easier with an existing aftermarket projector housing though personally I've always hated the way those looked. Another option to make it easier in a standard GMT400 headlight would be to use a smaller projector. I think Dave got a set of 2.0" Matchbox projectors in with minimal modification, although the output suffers compared to the 2.5" mini H1s.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Escalade is now running, and running well. Key relearn was the last piece of the puzzle to get it going. Only two issues are play in the steering and I believe it's sprung an AC leak.
A few goodies are on the way to get it looking right and further improve the headlights.