Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikwallace

Reaction score
My console doesn't use any of the original mounting hardware. It's just kind of sitting there wedged between the seats until I make brackets for it.
You must be registered for see images attach
What did that center console come out of? It doesn't look like any 99-00 Escalade I've seen on eBay? Can you post some pics of it? And how did you adapt it to the lower part of the dash panel? It looks great!

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
What did that center console come out of? It doesn't look like any 99-00 Escalade I've seen on eBay? Can you post some pics of it? And how did you adapt it to the lower part of the dash panel? It looks great!
It's from a 2003-06 Escalade. Had to trim the console down quite a bit to get it to sit up against the dash.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I prefer the torque curve of a diesel (or at least a big block), especially in a 4x4. L29s have been rare lately and it's been a long time since I saw an L18 come through the local yard. Cummins and Duramax price themselves out of the equation for now.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
$4000 for a Cummins vs $300 for a 6.5...
The Cummins is a better engine for sure but for me not even close to worth the extra cost. Biggest difference is in power potential and the 6.5 is more than capable of making enough to keep me happy for this application.
Most of the reliability issues stem from poor cooling on early models and PMD issues on later models. I'll be running mechanical injection with better cooling than was offered in any GMT400 from the factory.
If you understand the limitations of the 6.5 it can be a great engine in the right application.