Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Bought a welder, started buying the Hella 4000s for the roof basket, got the Hooker long tubes modified for L31 O2 sensors and EGR, mounted the hi-lift, and installed new plugs and wires. Conversion u joint for front shaft and a new fitting for the EGR are on the way. Should be street legal again soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Varvis

Reaction score
Looking good. Have you ever thought of just spraying line-x type stuff over the gold two tone? I love the white and gold two tone, but unless you plan on getting the truck repainted just spraying some rockguard seems like the easiest route and will match your bumper somewhat.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Do you still have any pics of it before the SAS with the H1 wheels? The links are dead at the beginning.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I know this is an old post being quoted, but how did you remove these door panel inserts? I have some that I want to put on my crew cab doors and would like to know how big of a job its gonna be.

I doubt it. These are a nice metallic gold color. One of them is faded but the other looks fine and almost matches the gold on the bottom of my Suburban perfectly. I've seen a ton of faded red emblems and they usually fade to pink, then almost white.

I do have some Denali rear door panel trim if you're interested. I think it's shale but a quick coat of some SEM would take care of that and make them look like new.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I know this is an old post being quoted, but how did you remove these door panel inserts? I have some that I want to put on my crew cab doors and would like to know how big of a job its gonna be.
They're glued on and a pain to get off. Lots of prying and have to be careful not rip the leather.
I borrowed some industrial bonding adhesive from work to put the Escalade trim back on my door panels.

Do you still have any pics of it before the SAS with the H1 wheels? The links are dead at the beginning.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Picked up one of the 12k winches from HF while they were on sale, picked up a spare set of Bajas on 24 bolt beadlocks, extended the roof basket, and mounted my Hella 4000s. I've got two Euro beam, two FF driving beam, and one cornering beam. Should output a good pattern but I still need to order 75w HIDs and finish up the wiring.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Did you start prying from around the inner door panel or around the exterior part of the insert?