Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I'm assuming those are options from sellers that are offering modified H1 wheels, which is not a subject I've researched. My wheels are straight military surplus HMMWV take offs, running 2" spacers up front and 3" spacers out back to make up for the massive amount of backspacing.

Thanks for the info, where did you purchase them from? They look awesome!

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I appreciate it guys.

Found them on Craigslist.

Here's some that got left out of the original post:

Swapping lower housings so the 01-02 CD changer fits properly in the 03-06 console:
You must be registered for see images

Installed aftermarket keyless entry, then swapped the aftermarket remote electronics into an OEM GM remote housing for a factory look: (both remotes pictured)

Night shots: (cell phone cameras suck in low light, I apologize for that.)

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Can you fill me in on more details about those hummer wheels? I'm confused about the options available, what do the "welded", "inner ring stiffener", and "rock ring" options mean?
rock rings protect the wheel bolts(split wheel) from damage offroad.

you can get them from
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/
there are other dealers on pirate4x4 that sell surplus wheels and tires. They are the cheapest 37" tires you can buy.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
One more question, do your 37" tires rub at all with your body lift? Did you have to trim the bumper to turn the wheels all the way?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
One more question, do your 37" tires rub at all with your body lift? Did you have to trim the bumper to turn the wheels all the way?

Fixed 99% of the rubbing by rivoting the inner fenders back out of the way some and by moving the bumper as far forward as the brackets would allow, but they still rub the frame at full lock, and the inner fenders when turning with any bit of flex.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
ok So how much for one of those steering wheel!!!! and other than wiring witch I'm not to bad at will the nbs steering wheel spline up to the obs colomn???
I want an obs esky wood wheel hard to find these days.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Spline count is different on the 03+ wheels like I have. (which is why I went ahead and got a complete column) But if you'd like to try and fit one of them on your truck I'd gladly sell you one as I obviously have no use for all three.

Out of the three OBS Escalades that have come through the Pick n Pull while I've been building this Burb, none of them have had a decent steering wheel. On a more positive note, an 02 Escalade steering wheel has the same spline count and will fit if you can find one.

Looks like you've got the same tow mirrors I plan on ordering next week. How do you like them?

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
LOVE!!! haha. I drive a semi so the sport mirrors were killing me. mine are power heated and led marker. going to paint to match soon. I can't believe those 37 fit with just a body lift. looks sweet where did you get your spacers?? how much did the 2" run you? do you like them? I hate how my rear tires sit so far in and wanna run 2" spacers in the rear but not sure about towing with them.