Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very well done sir.

did you paint the hood yourself? what procedure and materials did you use?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
did you paint the hood yourself? what procedure and materials did you use?

Yeah, about that...

First time I just washed it and scuffed it up a bit, and sprayed it with a $3 can of spray paint. I got three coats out of the can and you could still see straight through to the metal beneath.

Second time I gave the entire hood a good sanding, one coat of Rustoleum self etching primer, then two coats from a $5 can of spray paint and it's lasted the past six months or so and is just now starting to flake back off. Not a big deal as the paint on the Escalade hood is in great shape and the entire thing is getting repainted regardless.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
looks great man love the look. I second the duramax engine, Im not sure why someone suggested a 6.2 tho lol one of the worst diesels ever made IMO

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, about that...

First time I just washed it and scuffed it up a bit, and sprayed it with a $3 can of spray paint. I got three coats out of the can and you could still see straight through to the metal beneath.

Second time I gave the entire hood a good sanding, one coat of Rustoleum self etching primer, then two coats from a $5 can of spray paint and it's lasted the past six months or so and is just now starting to flake back off. Not a big deal as the paint on the Escalade hood is in great shape and the entire thing is getting repainted regardless.

Gotcha, kinda of a better than nothing job. It did look decent in the pics.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks great man love the look. I second the duramax engine, Im not sure why someone suggested a 6.2 tho lol one of the worst diesels ever made IMO

think he meant the L92 gas 6.2

6.2 diesel swap lol

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
The truck looks great! It has a great stance to it.

Can you fill me in on more details about those hummer wheels? I'm confused about the options available, what do the "welded", "inner ring stiffener", and "rock ring" options mean?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Can you fill me in on more details about those hummer wheels? I'm confused about the options available, what do the "welded", "inner ring stiffener", and "rock ring" options mean?

I'm assuming those are options from sellers that are offering modified H1 wheels, which is not a subject I've researched. My wheels are straight military surplus HMMWV take offs, running 2" spacers up front and 3" spacers out back to make up for the massive amount of backspacing.