Bull dog stance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I like totally level and maybe just a slight rear rake. Looks like you are hauling a$$ when you really aren't pushing that skinny pedal hard. I prefer level over rake every time though.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive seen a few here in SC that have the bars cranked with a 2 in drop shackle in the rear and 33s. looks good in my book. around here we refer to the rear lower than the front rake to be a Chevy lean. it was the fad back in the 80s. thats what my dad has told me. i personally love the look of the chevy lean. if i felt like removing the 2 inch block i have on mine i would. right now it kinda has the bull dog stance.
You must be registered for see images attach

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
ive seen a few here in SC that have the bars cranked with a 2 in drop shackle in the rear and 33s. looks good in my book. around here we refer to the rear lower than the front rake to be a Chevy lean. it was the fad back in the 80s. thats what my dad has told me. i personally love the look of the chevy lean. if i felt like removing the 2 inch block i have on mine i would. right now it kinda has the bull dog stance.

I love the look of your truck w/o the BL! it just looks plain Bad Ass! Those are 35's right?

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reverse rake is also known as Carolina Squat or Cali Lean lol. My trucks got abit of it

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Chevy lean is when it's uneven left to right. (2wds do this after many years). Cali lean is what you are thinking of. You have to go pretty high to get it noticeable on these trucks though. I have my front about .5-1 inch higher than the back and it still looks raked. I don't want to crank it any more though. GMT400s always look raked, even when they're not. :blah:

Also, it's not really an 80s fad, it's alive and well here in California. 2/3 lifted trucks I see lean to some degree, especially the mall crawlers. The other 1/3 is level. The farther south you go the more leaning trucks you see. It's the preunner/dune influence.

Where I grew up (Fresno) everybody their built their trucks and quads for Pismo and their jeeps for the Sierras. I've seen a lot of both.

NorCal = rock cralwers
SoCal = prerunners
Cencal = both

Last edited:

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chevy lean is when it's uneven left to right. (2wds do this after many years). Cali lean is what you are thinking of. You have to go pretty high to get it noticeable on these trucks though. I have my front about .5-1 inch higher than the back and it still looks raked. I don't want to crank it any more though. GMT400s always look raked, even when they're not. :blah:

Also, it's not really an 80s fad, it's alive and well here in California. 2/3 lifted trucks I see lean to some degree, especially the mall crawlers. The other 1/3 is level. The farther south you go the more leaning trucks you see. It's the preunner/dune influence.

Where I grew up (Fresno) everybody their built their trucks and quads for Pismo and their jeeps for the Sierras. I've seen a lot of both.

NorCal = rock cralwers
SoCal = prerunners
Cencal = both

Well around here we refer to lifted trucks that the back sits a good bit lower than the front as a Chevy lean.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2