Broken shift linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey y'all so basically my truck got stuck in park today.my truck is a 95 k1500 wit a 4l60e. i crawled under it and I have a shift shaft with a plastic piece on the end with a hole. Well it slipped off a bracket that has a stud on it. I tried puttin it back on but it popped back off. Can somebody give me a part number on something so I can fix it. I'm assuming the stud on the bracket is just worn out

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to the parts store and check out dorman/motormite part numbers 14057 and 14055. Both are GM shift cable bushings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep the little plastic barrel in the shift cable end is notorious for breaking once they get some age on 'em.

Richard

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey y'all so basically my truck got stuck in park today.my truck is a 95 k1500 wit a 4l60e. i crawled under it and I have a shift shaft with a plastic piece on the end with a hole. Well it slipped off a bracket that has a stud on it. I tried puttin it back on but it popped back off. Can somebody give me a part number on something so I can fix it. I'm assuming the stud on the bracket is just worn out
Ok sorry for being vague yall but it's called a retainer clip I believe it fits on the end of the cable to keep it from popping off

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any GM dealer, or a local trans shop should be able to supply part numbers.
Believe it or not Turan Foley in south MS didn't. I called them one time to get a part number for me headlights and they said they couldn't give that out. Shows how helpful dealerships are

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to the parts store and check out dorman/motormite part numbers 14057 and 14055. Both are GM shift cable bushings.

are you sure it'll fit my 95 it looks like the part I need but everywhere I read it says it don't fit

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you sure it'll fit my 95 it looks like the part I need but everywhere I read it says it don't fit
Never said they "will" fit yours directly so no I'm not sure it'll fit your 95, as what I said was "check them out". I can not remember which one and what the actual years I've used them on when I was at the shop. I've replaced a bunch of them. I am 100% sure I've used them on the gmt400 platform though.