Broken leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just discovered the rear drivers side leaf spring is broke. So what am I looking at for parts? Cost? Complexity? Thanks guys. DAMN IT!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From RockAuto.com - just under $190 for a (i guessed) 97 tahoe.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get some liquid wrench or pb blast on all the bolts now!!! I highly reccomend getting a new shackle and having a spring comapny put new bushings on it!! New hardware will make make your life a hell of a lot easier!!

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HELP!!!!! I can not for the life of me get the bolts on each end of the leaf spring out!!! I've got my buddy that builds custom jeeps helping, and we both can't do it! We've tried lift the truck so there is no tension on the spring and the bolt, and they still won't budge. What the **** do we do!!!!!? Also, do I have to drop the fuel tank to get the front bolt out?!!! Leave a reply or call 9203662666

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a 36" prybar and jammed a wrench in the back then an impact. If that doesnt budge it, get a propane torch ($19.99 at Home Depot) and heat the living crap out of the bolt and bushing insert. If that doesnt work, cut the shackle and bolt off with a zip disk and pound the bolt out.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a new shackle from LMC truck, but try a spring place around town and the dealer. Is the fuel tank right by the rear of the truck......Ive never worked on a Tahoe...

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fuel tank is on the drivers side like trucks. dont remmeber if the front of it is near the leaf spring eyes havent been under it in a while.