Broken LCA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hevy Chevy

Reaction score
I just got back from off-roading and was checking for damage in he undercarriage when I notice what looks like a large crack in both of the lower control arms... I couldn't find any similar pictures of the LCA's but surely this isn't normal?

You must be registered for see images attach

Hevy Chevy

Reaction score
If it helps, the truck is a 1997 K1500 with a 2" torsion lift and 1.5" spacers, I'm sure those details aren't doing any favors to the front end.

Hevy Chevy

Reaction score
Ya I'd say it's abt time to find another set of arms.
Welcome to the site.
Yeah I figured a crack that big couldn't be anything good, I just figured id ask since there was an identical break on both sides, it seemed to me like it was a little too similar to be a coincidence but I guess not... Thanks for the welcome.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you havn't found out already there are no manufactures making replacement LCA's. Your best bet is to weave through the local pick and pull or the for sale section of this site where guys are pulling parts in good shape

Hevy Chevy

Reaction score
If you havn't found out already there are no manufactures making replacement LCA's. Your best bet is to weave through the local pick and pull or the for sale section of this site where guys are pulling parts in good shape
Yeah I looked into it already, thinking it was broken, and I noticed that the stamped LCA's are not manufactured anymore.

Hevy Chevy

Reaction score
Ya I'd say it's abt time to find another set of arms.
Welcome to the site.

Just confirming that that is definitely broken, judging from the dirt and crud I thought it must have been like that for quite a while. I never even thought about looking at the LCA before, so I just didn't know how long it was like that :p

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya if it were the uppers you could find plenty of aftermarket but for some reason no one makes lowers

tom joyce

Reaction score
I may be able to help - I got a 96 sitting in my yard. I'm from Scranton - If you are around, you can come and take em....