Broke my plow truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the breakage from last week. It looks like the rear cross was not allowing grease to reach two of the caps.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The caps in the u-joint looks fine, but the driveshaft has been cracked for a while. Simple summertime maintenance could have caught that before you got stranded. Just sayin.....

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
The caps in the u-joint looks fine, but the driveshaft has been cracked for a while. Simple summertime maintenance could have caught that before you got stranded. Just sayin.....

If you look at the cross you can see that the left and right journals have a bit of discoloration, so, no they are not fine. Like i posted they were not getting enough grease. The truck gets greased at every oil change, that's how I am able to keep a 28 year old truck on the road.There is no drive shaft in the pic. And as far as your comments on summer maintenance it is getting a little tiresome.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some things don't announce their presence until they fail. Keeping a truck that old on the road and doing real work unlike most of us who are hobbyists is a job unto itself. Kudos to @evilunclegrimace for keeping another great old truck out of the crusher and doing something worthwhile.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score

AND another thing I was not stranded i lost front diff operation.