Broke my plow truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
We are getting hammered here in Erie Pa. with very wet heavy snow and high winds, so it is time to plow. I made it through 1 commercial lot and 4 residential driveways and some thing under neath started banging off the floor boards and the BAM! no more 4 wheel drive.:( I was able to limp home and get it in the garage. After it melts off and is dry i will find out what broke and post up some breakage.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same guess here... sounds like you busted a joint. And if you felt it hitting the floor it'll most likely be the transfer case side ujoint on the shaft that busted...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
I could live with that if that is all it is. It is almost done dripping dry. I just got in at 5:30 this morning, I called my brother and he brought his Kubota tractor with a six foot wide snow blower and he cleared all of my accounts and he is headed home to clear his. I am going to owe him big time.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound harsh, but how do you plow with such an old truck and not immediately just jump underneath to see what really went wrong?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^ This

And why dont you do preventative maintenance during the summer months? I'd bet its a u-joint also which should have been pretty high on your pre-winter checklist.

I only plow my own driveway with mine and I spend at least 3-4 weekends during the summer/fall focused on just preventative maintenance or upgrades. Not saying that I haven't broken down plowing before but at least it wasn't something that could have been fixed when it was warmer.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
^ This

And why dont you do preventative maintenance during the summer months? I'd bet its a u-joint also which should have been pretty high on your pre-winter checklist.

I only plow my own driveway with mine and I spend at least 3-4 weekends during the summer/fall focused on just preventative maintenance or upgrades. Not saying that I haven't broken down plowing before but at least it wasn't something that could have been fixed when it was warmer.
3 or 4 weekends on preventative maintenence? Sorry but most people don't have that excessive amount of time to waste. That's crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound harsh, but how do you plow with such an old truck and not immediately just jump underneath to see what really went wrong?

It might be an old truck but it was completely rebuilt. It does get proper maintenance. You are welcome to try and slide under the truck with 12" of snow on the ground any time that you like. I just had shoulder surgery on the 29th of December so I am a bit limited on what I can do at this time.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
^ This

There is know way of knowing what parts might fail no matter how much preventive maintenance is done. If I had known that the rear flange was going fail I would have replaced it.:321::D

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Mine never leaves the yard, so I wait for things that cause it not to run or plow to go wrong before fixing it :D I could spend every weekend doing PM but at the end I could have bought a new plow truck with the money I'd spend doing it