British Columbia, Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm a Wrecker-Rat! Try to hit 3 or more a month.
Pick-a-part's GMT400's have been thoroughly picked over! They've only had a few brought in, in the last month or so. Soon as they hit the yard, the vultures descend! And the guys pulling parts off of them are ham-****** butchers! I tell ya! Some of the stuff they destroy just to get at some little POS part! I find that place frustrating.
Their prices aren't all that great either. I found all the large plastic interior trim parts for a standard cab in perfect shape & in the right color. 6 pieces in all. They wanted $20.00 per piece! Plus tax! Total was the better part of $140.00! And I was the one pulling the parts! Told him I'd do $15.00 each, tax in. Counter kid says, Nope! I asked what would he rather have. A $100.00 bill or nothing. Still...Nope! They'd rather crush the stuff than give a deal! And I've bought a lotta parts there!
'Riteway' (next door) occasionally has a 400 or two, but they normally stick to '99 or newer. They're kinda expensive, too.

Some better choices are 'Action' (Scott rd.) They've got a bunch of 400's! Great place. Have some patience with the counter guy. He's the only one out front & the phones can get busy.
'Ralph's', a couple of doors down, has been bought out by a multi-national conglomerate & no longer sells direct to the public! (WTF ?!?) No biggie! When they were taken over, they started charging admittance to the yard! Whether you bought something or not. And they won't deduct that from the total IF you buy something! Uhhmmm...NO!
'Ideal' in Chilliwack on Vedder rd. is usually pretty good. Not bad to deal with. They also have a big yard up the hill, around the corner on the road to Cultus lake. The guys at the counter won't tell you that! So don't tell them that that's where you're going! If you go there you can deal direct with the main yard manager. He's better yet to deal with than the guys back down the hill in the office. (Ssshhh! You didn't hear any of this from me! Hehe!)
'Dharney's' has some 400's. They're in Langley. Up the hill, east of the hospital on the Fraser Hghwy. Kinda slim pickin's when I was last there. But that's been a while.
And you could also try 'Stave Fall' auto wreckers, but when I was there last month, the 400's were getting pretty thin. Great guys to deal with. If you're looking for a specific part, they'll even put the call out to all the other wreckers in B.C. right then & there for you.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Oh wow! Thanks for all the information Sewlow! I kinda figured Pick-A-Part wasnt too great of a place since its right off the main road and everyone knows about it. Also same thing with 100 Mile, they wont let anyone into their yard anymore! You can't even pay admittance, you have to tell the lady at the counter what you want and odds are they'll grab the wrong thing or they just plain wont get it!

Thanks again!

Chevy529

Reaction score
Originally from Dawson Creek/Fort St John area but am in Vernon at the moment. D&M in Lumby seems to have a good number of parts but they pull only. Price a little high I found.