Brake warning light flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my brake warning light started flashing yesterday and i dont know what it means, it has always been on becuase i could never get rid of it. it flashes exactly ten tims and has a pause and starts over again. anyopne have any clue to what it could be?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
do the abs modules go bad in these, because mine used to work now it doesnt, never really cared as my first car was an 85 camaro followed up with my truck so im used to no abs options?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
My emergency brake light was on and I had to remove a module attached to the brake cylinder to make it go away.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your rear brakes might need to be adjusted. I think it will make the light come on if the pads have to move too far to engage.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i cant adjust them the spur is this tiny thing that doesnt really move all that much, and i unplugged the abs module yesterday started the truck drove it around and the light didnt come on at all. they said a new module was around 80 bucks but my abs has only worked once when i didnt need it

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
My module has been off since the beginning of the year and I have not seen or felt a difference at all. I wouldn't spend the $80.