Brake upgrade- what have you done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
make sure you check your spacing. since I swapped my rear differential my rear is 4" wider then the front. I am noticing a difference in the width when converting.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
What are you doing for your cruse control circuits?

I believe we are both on the same path. Maybe learn from each other.

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the GMT800 front, Russell braided lines all around, GMT800 master up front (make sure it is the 34mm bore from a ~2002 Silverado). Brakes are fantastic! A Motive Power bleeder works well for getting all the air out. You'll need the Ford/3 prong attachment part # 1107 for the 2002 Silverado master... I recently tried the larger 1 3/16" wheel cylinders in the back and it completely fubar'ed my bias. Went back to the OEM 1" rear wheel cylinders and much better. I might try the GM revision proportioning valve at some point to bring a bit more bias to the rears, but the GMT800 front/ stock rear is a fantastic setup, light years better than stock. And NO, when you actually use the GMT800 front caliper, it doesn't just "feel" better than stock, believe me... get her to 85mph and do a panic stop. ABS doesn't engage prematurely, or not at all, it just flat out stops. Highly recommended.

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Z71SE .....So on my 1994 k1500 I can do GMT800 front master cylinder and front calipers and it improves braking and performance greatly..? I might go ahead and do the master cause mine is starting to leak at the bottom where the seal is.. Now when u do this is there anything else specifically need to do the install?

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the truck listed in my sig. Did the SS brake lines and master cylinder upgrade at the same time. Huge improvement. Next step is the gmt800 knuckles and calipers, which I'm hoping to knock out by the end of the month.