Brake switch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SierraGT94

Reaction score
So I've researched around and can't find an answer yet.

Brake lights don't work when brake is engaged. When I pull on the switch to close the contact, the lights work. Yes it's a new switch. There is no adjustment on it.

The truck is a 94 1500. C clip style switch.

Am I missing something?? Pls help

SierraGT94

Reaction score
You can activate it manually. So when brakes are applied what is the brake pedal supposed to do, in relation to the switch, that it is not doing now?
Yes, I can activate it manually. As I apply the pedal it just slides on the pedal "rod" I'll call it. The brake pedal it's supposed to push a little on the switch. It's simple but odd. I'll try to post a pic of it.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread from "ENGINES" to "Audio + Electronics", or maybe "OEM and Custom Interiors".
Just in case you were not aware, you can use the Report function to request thread to be moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mods respond to it quickly and take the necessary action. It also takes as much time as posting the request (which will not likely be seen by the moderators).

You must be registered for see images attach

SierraGT94

Reaction score
screenshot_20231118_110151_chrome-jpg.353570

#1 is not the brake light switch. It's the retainer clip.

So, you replaced the brake light switch. Did you re-install the retainer clip as well?
Sorry wasn't referring to the retainer clip. I was just posting the full picture.

But yes I replaced the switch and reinstalled the retainer clip