Brake light on, 92 C1500 5.0L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
Does this mean I have an ABS code, or something else? I know for sure the parking brake is not engaged because the truck crawls forward idle in drive, and the brake fluid is not low (dirty for sure, but definitely to the proper level)... Thanks!

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check that the parking brake pedal isn't sagging and engaging the switch. Just reach down and lift it up.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

mistaake

Reaction score
Check that the parking brake pedal isn't sagging and engaging the switch. Just reach down and lift it up.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
THe issue disappeared for a bit so I didn't have a chance to try it, but today the light came on, and no, the parking brake pedal isn't sagging. Any other ideas?

Tzfbird

Reaction score
Try unplugging the ABS control to the rear axle. It's located below the master cylinder. If that makes the light go out, it's an ABS issue. Mine had that when I got it and I unplugged it and planned on removing the vavle.
At least it narrows down the problem. The park brake will still indicate with the ABS unit unplugged.
If you do some searches I think there was a way to have the light flash the ABS code via the light to assist with repair.