Braided Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've got most of the pieces ready to rebuild my front end components and install the 6" rough country lift. As part of the lift kit instructions, I am supposed to bend the factory hard line. I'm not really a fan of that idea, plus I believe the brake hoses are original and could probably use replacing.

Does anyone have any of the braided lines that they were/are happy with? I've read lots of mixed reviews online. Also, since I have a hydroboost and obd2, will I have to have access to a tech 2 scanner to fully bleed the brakes if I do swap the lines? Nor is there another method that I can do at home?

And links / pics would be great.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think mine were Pro Comp brand lines I got from Summit Racing when I did my lift. They've been on a couple years now I think. So far so good. I think it was $100 for all 3

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you only change the hoses and keep the master from running out you will nor get air into the abs. Just open the bleeder and let gravity do the work.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a set from off-road designs and they come with the banjo bolts and copper washers. From what I read, the pro comp and Russell lines did not include those pieces.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the Pro Comp lines from summit and they came with everything I needed.