Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
So this dude here plugs inline.

You must be registered for see images attach

He's got one of these on the other end.

I neglected to snap a pic of my 7 pin to make it make more sense, but that's the first half of the near zero effort wiring job for it.

Yeah mine looks nothing like that, I don't think anyway...I'll check after I get back from going to look at a C3500 with my dad,

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Your 4 pin? The open end on mine would plug into the taillight harness if it existed.

My 4-pin is just wires and the connector, it looks like they sliced open the loom for the taillights and tapped into the power that runs the brake lights, there's one plug for the taillight harness itself, and a weather pack connector for the plate lights;

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had one of those, they suck. Sounds like it's vampire tapped in there. You could still plug that i to the back of the 7 pin I have yet to provide a pic of.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get my laundry list of parts ordered this week so I can get this thing running mint again, planning on putting on a fresh distributor cap and rotor, any recommendations? MSD? ACDelco? And any low resistance plug wires anyone would advise to get?

Needs a good cleaning, spent about and hour at the salvage yard trying to scare up parts for some of the trucks around the house; unfortunately everything's been picked fairly well clean.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I like to keep ignition parts nice and stock. There's nothing to gain except a lighter wallet. If I had to guess, your big block is Lahey because it loves to drink?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I like to keep ignition parts nice and stock. There's nothing to gain except a lighter wallet. If I had to guess, your big block is Lahey because it loves to drink?

I was hoping someone would mention it, and I was just curious because Advance has an MSD tune up kit for like $60 or something, I'll have to find it again to be sure,