Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Trying to keep this thread alive with pictures of the truck,

Dealt with laying on the cold garage floor with water dripping on me, then laying in the rain on the cold, wet driveway for about an hour tracing wires around; wrapped up the trailer brake plug cause there was a couple wires showing, and an open connector, thinking about wiring in a 7-way plug or something; anyone know how much of a pain in the ass that is?

Only picture I got before looking into everything, burnt out a cablight too so I may replace the socket cause it had a fresh bulb in it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Get an inline 4 pin, then get a 7 pin that plugs into that. At that point, you only have 3 wires to hook up: power, ground, and trailer brakes and they're all waiting for you on the frame.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Get an inline 4 pin, then get a 7 pin that plugs into that. At that point, you only have 3 wires to hook up: power, ground, and trailer brakes and they're all waiting for you on the frame.

Nice. That's how I did mine

I think the plug already on the trailer harness is a 4-pin, could you post a picture so I can get an idea of how it should look?

Also got these in today.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Walmart sells the 7 pin. It plugs into a 4 pin that plugs inline with your factory harness out back. I'd post pics but I've been getting home late as **** for the last couple weeks.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Never was able to resolve my trailer harness issue, there's really not a stock plug in for it, it's all wires buck connected into the taillight wires,

I need to finish ordering parts for the injector job, I've had these damn fuel injectors on my workbench for what seems like forever now.
Hopefully my next check is going to have a decent amount on it, there's a few cosmetic upgrades I would like to do, and hopefully I can tune up the ignition system, throw a couple upgrades on the trans and rear end and get the rest of the maintenance **** out of the way!

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no plug connection from the frame harness to bed harness? That's where I put my t connector

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
There is no plug connection from the frame harness to bed harness? That's where I put my t connector

I'll snap a picture tomorrow, it's just a rats nest of wiring essentially; I may bring it to my mechanic and see if he can re-wire everything if all else fails.

I need to get those damn running boards off.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So this dude here plugs inline.

He's got one of these on the other end.

I neglected to snap a pic of my 7 pin to make it make more sense, but that's the first half of the near zero effort wiring job for it.