Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I run AC Delco wires. They have the correct resistance for your factory dwell settings, are the correct length, high quality, and can be had for the same price or cheaper than parts store online. I am NOT a fan of Accel products myself.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I run AC Delco wires. They have the correct resistance for your factory dwell settings, are the correct length, high quality, and can be had for the same price or cheaper than parts store online. I am NOT a fan of Accel products myself.

I'll have to do some shopping then, I haven't found a set of AC Delco wires for less than $80 bucks, unless I've been looking in the wrong places?
The reason I was interested in the Accel wires is because it from research it looked like most of the reviews were nothing but positive. There's a set of them on the dually and they're damn good quality it seems.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wanna say I paid around 70 for mine? I'd have to check my Amazon. Originals went over 100k and worked fine for me, they're just impossible to remove without destroying a couple.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welp. Bought something for it. Now to buy other necessary things and try to track down another coolant leak.

Looks like I'll be buying a tuned black box come next paycheck, the only thing scaring me away the 0411 is having to splice wires for the VSS or whatever is.

Also got my Scan Gauge working again, I absolutely love this thing. Temp gauge doesn't read correctly on the cluster as you can see and that's going to annoy the **** out of me; so I'll probably install a new stepper motor if I ever get motivated enough.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If no boost, you don't need the 411, but I just did mine and again it was sooo easy. Seriously, you take the 2 vss wires, mash them together, and pin to 411 as 1.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I'll have to do some shopping then, I haven't found a set of AC Delco wires for less than $80 bucks, unless I've been looking in the wrong places?
The reason I was interested in the Accel wires is because it from research it looked like most of the reviews were nothing but positive. There's a set of them on the dually and they're damn good quality it seems.
I bought a set of 8.5mm by MSD at Pep Boys Speed Shop a couple of years ago and have not has one single malfunction,plus they look great with their looms.Just sayin' :)

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
If no boost, you don't need the 411, but I just did mine and again it was sooo easy. Seriously, you take the 2 vss wires, mash them together, and pin to 411 as 1.

No boost, but I'd still like to run the upgraded computer. And is it really that easy? Wiring is like Greek to me, of course if I had everything in front of me it'd probably all make sense?
I guess I need to get a hold of LexTech and get a pinout for ***** and giggles.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welp. Got me a couple of little issues with the truck. There's a random coolant leak somewhere on the front of the engine, bottom of the water pump is dry, all the hoses are dry around the fittings and clamps; but there's still a little stream of antifreeze running down behind the skid-plate, and the stank of coolant coming from underneath the truck when I shut if off after running it for a bit. Hopefully there's not a leak in my new radiator somewhere...

It's also smelling very rich. EXTREMELY rich at that. My dad was behind me on the way into work the past couple mornings and said it was almost unbearable behind me.
There's no codes being thrown though? I guess I need to pull spark plugs to see if there's an injector stuck or something.