Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! It's been a hellacious search that's taken me damn near all over NC, it took 4 months and 13 separate trucks to finally find this one!

Sold then, I'm wanting to convert the truck to Wix filters entirely, but none of the main line parts stores I go to carry them. Got a NAPA P/N?

They're based on Wix numbers IIRC. Just go to Napa and they'll hook you up.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Must. Not. Let. Thread. DIEEEEE.

Not much has been done with Ol' Red, mainly been driving it; oil cooler lines are starting to **** on me so it looks like I need to weigh my option with either deleting the cooler, or making the death-proof cooler lines. Leaning towards the death-proof lines,

Got a little bit of maintenance planned, replace ICM, coil, spark plug wires, fuel filter, CPS pigtail, probably going to do a couple little things here and there, still need to get to Napa to pick up the filters I need; but any time I go by there the damn place is closed!

Working on getting Imgur working so I can go back to ******* this thing on here, new headlights, lamps, corner lenses, re-cleared cab-lights are in the works once I find the motivation and money.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Also, PS, F_U_C_K you Photobucket, it's locked me out of my account entirely so I can't recover any images. I hope that damn company goes out of business because of this whole "upgraded accounts" bullshit.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gay. They swear I'm not locked out, time will tell. I just slapped AC Delco lines on mine, they should last a while before making a mess.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looked the same as the Dormans but actually came with new o rings. Amazingly the Dorman pieces I put on the blue truck way back in 09-10 are still hanging in there. Just a little moist, but not making a mess. No o rings on those pissed me off.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have to ask, what MPG do you get on Ol' Red? I am converting my truck to a 3/4 w/ 4:10s and keeping the Vortec 350. Just didn't know what you got. :)

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I have to ask, what MPG do you get on Ol' Red? I am converting my truck to a 3/4 w/ 4:10s and keeping the Vortec 350. Just didn't know what you got. :)

Well, Red gets anywhere from 6 to 12 depending on my driving. Most days it's 8 to 10, I did manage 14 on the way home when I first bought it, used cruise control and kept out of the throttle; 3.73 gearing helps a lot on these big blocks,

My old Green Suburban pulled anywhere from 16 to 18 regardless of my driving, it was wore out as hell, but it kept chugging when it wanted to. 3.73s on that truck too, it was a Vortec 350, same as yours,

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looked the same as the Dormans but actually came with new o rings. Amazingly the Dorman pieces I put on the blue truck way back in 09-10 are still hanging in there. Just a little moist, but not making a mess. No o rings on those pissed me off.

My biggest fear is the horror stories I've heard of oil cooler lines popping off while driving, any tricks you used to make 'em stay in tight?