Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd change the fuel filter and check fuel pressure. I would try to figure out if it is actually missing though. Do you have a scanner?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'd change the fuel filter and check fuel pressure. I would try to figure out if it is actually missing though. Do you have a scanner?

Unfortunately not yet, but crawling around underneath it today I was inspecting the O2 sensors, fuel filter, checked all the plug wires, it's got Accel plug wires with the porcelain boots on them, they all seemed to be tight and clicked in;

In the red truck's news, the parts list is getting complete; going to call the mechanic tomorrow and see what he says, my biggest concern is the timing chain cover and gasket, I don't want to have to have him drop the diff and oil pan to fix it. Hopefully after 5O injectors, MSD ignition components, and new filters this thing will run like a scalded dog.
Summit Racing and all the parts stores around me are about to know me by my first name.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Few little updates, truck goes to the mechanic this coming Monday for injectors, gaskets, and a tune up.

Forgot to post, but my girlfriend got me this keychain from Keychainguy on IG,
You must be registered for see images attach

Summit Racing gave me Christmas in May!

And finally fixed my exhaust, the straight back pipes were driving me crazy, any time I hit a big bump they would rattle on the hitch like crazy, I may go back for some bigger tips if possible,

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keychainguy makes some slick stuff, wish he'd come on with some 2014+ sierras so I can make one order

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've messaged him before, he said they're on his list just not at the top

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Okay, so wandering around work today waiting for the production crews to run stuff I could work on, I started kicking around ideas on what I'd like to get done soon. This truck may be headed up to Iowa with me in the event my father and mother decide to take our C3500 and camper up with us this year,

The list is simple, yet expensive :uhoh2:

Maintenance wise
Finish tune-up (plug wires, fresh plugs, fuel filter, air filter, O2 sensors, MAF sensor, Ignition coil)
Fix timing chain cover leak,
Fresh fluid and filter in the trans, along with a Mag-Hytec cover, an upgraded cooler and temp gauge,
Fresh fluid in front dif, T-case, and rear end along with another Mag-Hytec,
Maybe go through the front end, bushings, balljoints, pitman/idler, steering box, power steering pump, Borgenson shaft, wheel bearings, shocks, one-ton brakes and braided steel brake lines, fresh bearings in rear end, clean up and replace brake shoes, springs, backing plates and what not if needed,

That about covers it for maintenance, I've been shopping for bearings and I'm torn between the Moog bearings or shelling out the coin for Timkens, but $1000 in just wheel bearings is going to take some thinking if I go with Timkens....

Dress up/comfort upgrades/basic GMT400 mods,
Gut and clean interior, dynamat, and deep clean everything in the cab,
Esky cluster with LEDs, LEDs in the HVAC controls,
Scan-Gauge for extra comfort and peace of mind in monitoring everything,
Seat covers,
New TYC headlights, turn-lamps, and upgraded corner lenses,
4-Hi and 4-corner mod,
GMC grille,
Diesel bumper,

Perfomance,
Now this is simple, just a Black bear tune, and maybe adjustable rocker arms and roller rockers,
Magnaflow muffler,
Some sort of hi-flow cat and maybe an x-pipe,

Here's a glamour shot of the truck to make up for me being a wind-bag, I don't know how far along this list will get considering as how it'll be close to 2K in the front and rear end alone, and all the other piddly **** that needs to be taken care of. We'll just have to see I guess!

Comments always welcome!