Bought back an old friend...93 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGreyTruck

Reaction score
New guy here. Pretty deep back story on this oddly unique truck:

1993: The original owner, who has been a family friend a long time, special ordered this truck from a local dealership. It’s a K2500, but came with a 5 speed, stepside bed, the aluminum wheels, Regency style seats, wood center console, and lighted overhead console with flip down radar detector pocket. I actually rode in this truck in 1994 and can vividly remember how new it still was and even the bag cell phone in the console LOL

1996:
My dad bought the truck to use as his daily driver and as our ranch truck. It was already set up with the electric trailer brake controller and the hidden gooseneck hitch in the bed. He had the front seats re-upholstered in 1997 with the grey tweed due to the seats being badly cracked and worn out. I learned to drive at 14 years old in this truck and drove it every now and then in high school. Rear bumper was replaced in 1999 due to slightly being rear-ended.

2001/2002: My dad sold the truck to a guy on our street for his son’s first truck, and he drove it for a long time.

2003:
Truck was hit by a drunk driver in front and the bumper, grille, and headlights were replaced.

2015: A guy applying at my job showed up driving the truck. The wheels and side mirrors have been plasti-dipped and paint has faded pretty bad in spots, but I stayed on him for 2 years wanting to buy it back. So finally November 2017 I got the keys.

Truck will be restored as much as possible starting with a fresh re-man engine, radiator, heater core, slave cylinder just to get it running reliably. The truck will be repainted the factory color with all new carpet, headliner, visors. And yes, I’m restoring the original wood console.

Truck back in the 1997-1999 range
full

full

In 2001....
full

As it sits now...
full

full

Interior...
full

full

Original Console...