Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Of? It's a giant assed truck, a video won't do a decent job of showing how slow/fast it is. Drove it home today and it is consuming belts at an alarming rate. Gonna order that laser thingy off of Amazon now. Other than that seems great. Been too busy to post pics so far but I've been taking them.
Like i mentioned yesterday, the laser alignment tool is worth it's weight in gold for getting the supercharger aligned. I tried for WEEKS adjusting, measuring, guessing..... went through like 3 belts...

Once you put the laser on there you will be amazed how far off you are.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to pop the airbox off so you can hear the compressor. You can kinda hear it up by the grill. Pretty quiet inside. Except for the damn belts.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good day today! Snagged a spare tire cross member and **** from the pull and pay and swapped my 1MB LS1B PCM for the 512k LS1B 411 PCM I really needed. Yesterday I scrubbed the frame a good bit and tomorrow I'll finish and paint it. Idea is to get it ready to drop a bed on. I will need to weld on the last smidge of frame that was snipped by the PO to fit his welding bed as well but as of now I'm looking good. Gonna finish getting hammered now so I doubt I'll make any real progress on the starter tune but I should have one by the end of the week. Total gamble because if I get it dead ass wrong (fueling) I'll have no way to drag my Z06 up north for paint. I'm sure the 36# injectors I have kicking around the garage will do at altitude, the real question is will they do it at sea level when that Whipple gets pulleyed down? We shall see. For now, I need to smash on my friend with his 6.0 diesel Ford (bullet proofed but stock tune). With the Whippletronics I'm not sure, but with a decent tune I think I'll hand him his ass. I've driven a 6.0 and they're good, but not that good.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think a stock tune 6.0 will give you any problems. lol You shouldn't have any traction issues with the duals, so hopefully you can hit it pretty hard from the line, I struggle with not smoking my tires if I'm in 2wd. Which 36 lb injectors are you running? I'd be interested to see your tune when you get it done as well.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'll post it up. Got coffee brewing, then I'll start cooking up a tune. I'm thinking I'll start with a small block timing map, no PE adder, and not pulling timing up top. I'll start with 26 degrees total ar my altitude and work from there. Thinking easiest to convert to single knock sensor like the small blocks. Unless you know of some self tuners who've 411 swapped their 454?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like it'd be a good start, I'm running single knock sensor on mine. And I just remembered that you're running efilive, I'm using hptuners. There probably isn't a way to switch back and forth is there? Otherwise I'd give you my tune to start with. I'm still working on figuring out what the engine wants for timing, but otherwise I have it running pretty well. I'm got 12.9 mpg on my last tank daily driving the truck (~20 miles highway with 3 miles in town, lots of starting and stopping with shutdowns).

Edit: This is with a 411 btw.