Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, I don't have your skill set in this type of work but I do appreciate what it takes to continuously over come setbacks and advance a project a far as you have - no small feat. Thanks for taking the time to share the story. Cheers, Mark.
Nb: I liked what the TCI Shift boss did for me - was a pretty slick way to add a tow/haul mode and some monitoring....
http://www.tciauto.com/tc/electronics/shift-boss-transmission-programmerhtml

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
And this is why I'm not sweating the pump. That plus my altitude. So check this **** out (I say **** a lot, don't I?): Frame thickness on an ECLB dually. More than my 1500 but less than my CC. Cross members are also less robust and more removable.

You must be registered for see images attach

On my crew cabs this carrier bearing cross member is riveted to the frame on the bottom and up the sides and has a deeper channel.

You should put that thing in Freedom Units if you expect most of us to understand WTF it's displaying.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled better than I thought it would with a 42" extension. Power also not an issue like I thought it would be. After exhaust and blower should hold OD well.

Got my 1500/15k WD hitch adjusted too. Surprisingly the front wheels stay on the ground even over the bumps.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally hit the track with this setup and it was awesome. Pulled in OD on the way there and had no trouble pulling 65mph in 3rd on the climb back. I live at 6200' and the track was at 4700'. It felt very grown up to crash in the camper vs converting the trailer to a hotel and then back to a trailer again. Lets me park the car in the trailer overnight too.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Finally hit the track with this setup and it was awesome. Pulled in OD on the way there and had no trouble pulling 65mph in 3rd on the climb back. I live at 6200' and the track was at 4700'. It felt very grown up to crash in the camper vs converting the trailer to a hotel and then back to a trailer again. Lets me park the car in the trailer overnight too.

Where do you sit at RPM wise pulling all that? My dad's C3500 has 4.56 and runs at 2100-2200 at 55/60 MPH with nothing behind it,
I was wondering if stepping to a 4.10 gear set would be worth it to help with pulling our camper,

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
2000 RPM at 57mph in OD. At 65 in 3rd I was just over 3,000. Tires are 225/75/16 and speedo was calibrated to my GPS. Try comparing RPM to GPS speed.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'll have to get something set up to monitor everything next time they pull the camper, my dad said it pulls just fine, but feels like there's points in a trip where it just can't get out of it's own way,

That camper also looks almost comical up there, but I bet it's going to be miles better than anything else for what you do,

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is clean enough to live on the front of my truck.

Got the plastic thing for it too. Not sure if the plastic for a regular bumper is appropriate here? Obviously this one has 2 cutouts: 1 for the oil and 1 for the trans cooler.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is clean enough to live on the front of my truck.

Got the plastic thing for it too. Not sure if the plastic for a regular bumper is appropriate here? Obviously this one has 2 cutouts: 1 for the oil and 1 for the trans cooler.

The valence? I don't think there was any difference other than the foglight/towhook cutouts. Mounting it should bolt up regardless.
I love my diesel bumper; I just need to get foglights to put in the holes.