Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and I'll trade you my steel wheels and simulators for your black mags if you don't like em... ;)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're slowly growing on me. These Firestone tires are garbage though, they're chunking. I'd like to get some 20x7 wheels and run a 31" tall tire.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're slowly growing on me. These Firestone tires are garbage though, they're chunking. I'd like to get some 20x7 wheels and run a 31" tall tire.

I hear ya. I've got some cheap no namers that came with the truck probably off the rack at a canadian tire. The fronts are beat to **** from my now replaced steering linkage. My rear outsides are still in pretty good shape so those will get rotated to the front. The rear insides will go outside and the fronts will go back on the rear inside. Hopefully I'll have enough tread on the rear for some snow this winter.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I imagne being such a heavy truck it's just going to be hard on tires, but chunking is unacceptable. Plus when I drove on them last winter it was pretty ugly. Full lock drifts in the rain, sometimes when I wasn't even trying to drift. I don't expect the bed to be that much of a help. Speaking of, I did prep and paint the front.

You must be registered for see images attach

And finished blasting the pig and gave it some rattle can.

Then dropped the bed on.

Positioning the truck under the left and subsequently removing it required dollies and a quad with a winch.

Tomorrow I'll come back to install and torque fasteners, wire harness, and double check everything and drive it home.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see it coming together. Those wheels really do look good on it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well it still has an unmistakable look if you see it coming at you down Curtis Rd.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on how long I take to feather the paint chips. Good chance I throw 2 new fenders on. Anyone know if wallis dually fenders are any good? Truck rides 1000x better with the stock GM leaf pack now, too.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good thing I put the red bed on last week. Found a parts truck I can get my money back on and it has a white bed. 454/4L80/4WD. Plus it has what I need to hydroboost my 1500. And the seat belt receptacles I didn't grab when I swapped seats on it. Plus the carpet shows me where to cut to install the center console. I think I'll pick at it for a bit before scrapping the rest.

This should have been easy, but my ghetto rigging abilities were really put to the test today. See that sweet 9k winch?

I forgot the ****** remote for it. So I ripped a wire off the parts truck and started jumpering holes until I could drive the winch both directions. Then the battery was a POS, didn't even get the front wheels on the deck. So I stole the battery out of the dually as those were the only tools I brought. Then because it was a side post, the wife had to hold the wires to the battery while I dicked with the little jumper. If that were all there was to it, still wouldn't have been a big deal, but because the winch was attached to the truck I couldn't get the trailer straight and my truck in line with it all. I had to compromise and that meant the truck went on at an angle. With a broken tie rod, so I installed a limiter strap.

I really hope this **** gets easier, because now that I have this capability I'd like to use it more to make some extra dough.