Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Schweet, now that I fingered out this whole pic thing I can keep updating this to stay motivated. The blower is at Jon Bond Performance waiting on the shelf for a rotor to show up that isn't gacked like mine. Worst case he send it back unassembled, hopefully with the bearings and seals it needs, and I have someone locally reassemble the rotor pack. For now, this is how it looks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just a cone filter I had laying around with the bend from the Whipple intake. Trying not to spend money on it since the blower will just go back in at some point. All that garbage ass wiring I ganked was the Whippletronics, boy am I glad technology has progressed so I can now just swap in a 411, flash it, and be done.

I was told the compressor for the air bags didn't work and it doesn't. I believe I located part of the problem.

Found this dude just dangling. I don't even remember why I opened this panel, but there it was staring me in the face. That and the fact that, at a glance, I bet the little 540 motor seized up. I bet I can pop one in from one of my RC cars for a free fix, we shall see.

So I removed my aftermarket 7+1 leaf pack in favor of a stock 5+1+1. There is in fact a 12k GVWR rear leaf pack for sale an hour north of me that keeps tempting me. It has the 3 upper overloads vs my 1 upper. Given my intended usage of the truck it would probably be a smart buy. I'll let him sit on it then beat him down on the price if I pull the trigger. I did have trouble with 1 bolt though, it was a real motherfvcker. Couldn't punch it through with a hammer or my air chisel. I eventually got smart and used a nut as a press to pull it out. I'd bottom the nut out, remove it, stack more washers in there, and repeat. Worked like a champ.

And as you can see, either the lower overload was installed upside down or it just plain got ****** up.

Got my rear camper tie downs, 1500 has the fronts. I need to remove them and have them powdercoated prior to installation.

Yes they're not bolted in. The nuts were overtorqued and bit into the splines. I'll drive the truck home, weld a nut to the back of the bolt to hold it steady, and remove that way. The tie downs came with new hardware so not the end of the world.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll chip away at some more after work. Now that I'm in reassembly mode I'm realizing how much piddly **** I forgot about like these frame horns. Before.

After

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I cannot wait to get my old truck back to this level of clean.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's a lot of damn work. If the shop it's in was mine I'd have lifted the cab off to get the middle too.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I plan to have the frame barren for my restoration.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I believe I've confirmed that the lower overload was installed upside down, seeing how it is factory but the rest appears otherwise.

Like my 1500, Delco faces down.

See those shiny u bolts that were trimmed for the old leaf pack? Well the new one is 1.5" taller. The 7 mains are the same thickness as these 5. The other pack didn't use any spacers between the leaves and it also didn't have the block and upper overload. **** me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherberto